Monday, February 1, 2010

Gospel is for everyone!


Dear loved ones,

Another week has flown by. This week we had our Izumi district conference. (See photo). The transfer ends in two weeks. I think I’ll probably be transferred because I’ve been in my first area for three transfers now! Izumi is so wonderful. I’ll be sad when the time comes to leave it. I especially love the ward members here!

The 89 year old grandfather I wrote about last week ended up not being able to come to the church and be taught. His daughter (who we didn’t know he had) was very opposed when she heard he’d talked to us, so he felt like he couldn’t meet with us. We’ll pray he’ll get another chance to hear the gospel!

This week we met some Vietnamese people working here in Japan for a year and a half-with their limited Japanese we were able to let them know who we are, and about our message. Two of them are leaving to go back to Vietnam in a few days, but we were able to get their addresses to send a Vietnamese Book of Mormon to them. We will visit the one remaining Vietnamese person and give him the Vietnamese Book of Mormon we order. It’s so neat that the gospel is for everyone, and the Book of Mormon has been translated into so many languages so that everyone can hear the gospel in their own tongue and language!

Yesterday I spoke in Sacrament Meeting on eternal families. My talk was short and my Japanese was simple, but I’m so grateful for how far I’ve come with the language! I was able to express my thoughts without having to write them down in Japanese beforehand. I still have a long ways to go, but am grateful for how far I’ve come!

I love all of you so much! Thanks for your love and prayers!

Love,
Swain Shimai

P.S. It’s still cold, but some days are starting to get warmer! After "housing" (tracting) for thirty minutes, we came back to our bikes and found this ice and snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment