Monday, June 28, 2010

Ishinomaki and transferring...!

(This picture is all except two of the sister missionaries in the Sendai Zone...on transfer day at the bus stop.)

Dear family,

I’ve only been in Ishinomaki for a few days now with my new companions, Kouyama and Murase Shimai, but I already love it! Ishinomaki is not like the busy cities I’ve been used to in Izumi and Nagamachi—it’s a little further north and just along the ocean coastline—and it’s like being out in the country in Japan! When I first got here I felt like I was taking a step back in time here in Japan.

I’ll be learning different ways to dendo out here. Before in my other areas we’d go “streeting” and talk to those walking along the busy streets, but here in Ishinomaki there’s almost no one walking on the streets! It’s mostly houses, with a high school nearby and a few stores. So we’ll be doing a lot of housing here.

In the Ishinomaki branch, there were about 36 members that came to church on Sunday! It’s a small branch, but everyone is so kind and full of faith. It’s a very tight-knit branch, and I already love it! The branch president is wonderful and has a great vision for what the Ishinomaki Branch will one day become-through our (the missionary’s) help and the members!

It is hot and humid here-probably more humid than hot! I guess at least it’s not snowing!

At first I didn’t know how it would be being in a 3-some, but I absolutely love it! It’s like always having another person to help with the work, support, and bear testimony, and it’s so fun! I love and respect both Kouyama and Murase Shimai, and with all of our faith, efforts, and God’s guidance, we hope to see miracles happen here in Ishinomaki!

On Saturday we had a lesson with a referral, one of the branch member’s friends. We set a baptism date with her for next month! Already the Lord is blessing the work here-through the help of the branch members!

I’m so happy serving the Lord here in Japan! I love and am praying for all of you!

Love,
Swain Shimai

P.S. Thanks for your letter from Nauvoo! It sounds like you’ve had some wonderful experiences. Aren’t sister missionaries the best?!

P.P.S. I just found out that Helen san, our investigator in Nagamachi, passed her baptism interview! She’s getting baptized! I’m so happy!

P.P.P.S. This picture is me and Kamen Rider in downtown Ishinomaki. He's famous in Japan for rescuing those in danger. We have the same job!

No comments:

Post a Comment