Monday, May 31, 2010

I Love Missionary Work!

Dear family,

Where does the time go? Tomorrow is June...Happy Birthday Becca!

We had another wonderful and busy week here in Nagamachi. Saturday was the Nagamachi Ward Sports Taikai, and Sunday all the Nagamachi missionaries (6 of us) did a musical number in church, “Come, Come Ye Saints.” Everyone sang, one of the elders played the piano and I played the violin for the last two verses.

We weren’t able to meet with Helen san this past week (she lives an hour away!), but we will this week and help her prepare for her baptism! This past week we had the opportunity to visit a few less active members in the ward. Some we couldn’t meet and just left brownies for them...but we were able to meet with one sweet family and share a message with them. It was so wonderful to be with them and encourage them to pray and come to church, promising them the blessings that come from it! The mother came to church on Sunday. The Japanese people are so kind-I love them!

Tonight and tomorrow there’s a zone leader training at the Honbu (mission office), and for the first time they’ve invited a few sisters to come. I won’t be going but my companion will, so I’ll be companions with another sister for a day! (She just came to Japan three weeks ago.) Recently I’ve had a lot of opportunities to do splits; it’s been so fun, and I learn so much!

I love missionary work so much! Little by little the Lord is helping me to speak the language a little better, and with the confidence I need to invite everyone to learn about Christ. I love the Japanese people, and I love my mission!

Love,
Sister Swain

P.S. I love you all! I have the best family in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment