Monday, January 11, 2010

Finding Investigators...

It’s just been a few days since I last wrote! Izumi is still the best area in Sendai. Since last Wednesday Yoneda Shimai and I had interviews with President Tateoka, who is so wonderful and reminds me of you dad. We also taught one of our investigators, Sato San, a few days in a row. She wants to be baptized, but has a smoking problem that’s keeping her from it. But, she is diligently studying the scriptures and exercising pure faith. She’s an example to us all!

Yoneda Shimai and I have really been trying to find more investigators. On Saturday we knocked on many doors—the last one became an investigator! She’s studying about Christianity in college and had so much interest in what we had to say. She eagerly accepted the Book of Mormon and said she would read it. The Lord is merciful to his missionaries! There are many among us who are looking for the truth, but know not where to find it.

Today the Izumi Ward had a New Year’s Party (it was a day off of school and work). I love this ward and the members who are so wonderful!

I’m sorry this letter is short! I’m out of time today! I love all of you so much! I also love being a missionary. The gospel is true and the Lord loves each of us soo much!

Love,

Swain Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment