Monday, December 7, 2009

Time Flies!

Dear family and friends,

I cannot believe another week has passed-time flies! In a few days we have zone taikai (conference) which I am excited for! Japan is great! I found out that it doesn’t usually snow in Izumi—it just gets cold! On Saturday it rained hard while we were housing—I was grateful for my raincoat!

I’m learning a lot from Yoneda Shimai, including how to cook here in Japan. Also, I’m learning a lot of Japanese from her. Probably the highlight of this past week was yesterday, fast Sunday. We did all we could to try and find new investigators. We did a lot of housing, but hadn’t had very much success. We fasted from Saturday dinner to Sunday’s dinner (24 hours) and prayed to the Lord for direction and guidance so that we could find those who are ready! As we concluded our fast on Sunday, we both felt the spirit strongly that God had heard our prayer! We went housing that night and in a few hours found four potential investigators, which doubled the number we’d found in the entire last week! Truly the Lord hears and answers our prayers!

The Izumi ward is wonderful. They have become my family out here! Even though I still can communicate very little in Nihongo with them, it is made up with their smiles and support. Last week we did some “mogi” – practice lessons (for my Nihongo) with some ward members. They are so supportive and full of faith. I’m so grateful to them!

I’m sorry this letter is short, but I will write more next week. I love you all so much! The gospel is true! Thanks for your prayers and support!

Love,
Swain Shimai

P.S. My new companion feeds me a lot (we cook a lot of food). We eat rice with pretty much every meal. I’ve yet to decide if this is a good thing or not...I’ve grown to like Japanese food!
P.P.S. The language is coming little by little. I’m learning new words from my companion each day because she mostly speaks to me in Japanese. Sometimes it takes us a while to understand each other but we eventually get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment